Virtual Inertia is seeking a VMware ESX Administrator to join our team supporting the Defense Research Engineering Network (DREN) at the APG (Aberdeen Proving Ground) location in Maryland or the St. Julien’s Creek Annex location in Portsmouth, VA. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices.
- Attend team meetings to understand requirements, change requests and defect reports.
- Schedule and perform regular systems maintenance.
- Designs, configures, and supports virtual systems.
- Troubleshooting ESX issues related to storage, network, and performance issues
- General VMWARE, SRM and SAN systems administration: security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that rise in production and during solution development.
- Develop solutions using tools for additional capabilities.
- Provide guidelines, do, or don't do recommendations and resolutions.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems in regularly scheduled maintenance.
- Write system scripts for daily administration, and document system infrastructure as required.
- Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- In-depth knowledge in the following: VMWARE ESXI hosts, vSphere, SRM, SAN, Data Domains, and Networker. Specifically, ESXI hosts managed servers and snapshots.
- Experience with HBSS, ACAS, STIGs, and DoD security requirements.
- Experience performing VMWARE systems administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability.
- Strong experience with system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various ports and protocols.
- Proficiency using VISIO to create and update system diagrams.
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and teamwork competencies.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people, provide relevant information when meeting with other teams and government counterparts.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to author Standard Operating Procedures and technical documents.
- Must be a US Citizen. Must possess a Top-Secret clearance or Secret with an adjudicated SSBI or T5 investigation.
- Active DoD 8570 IA baseline security certification for IAT Level II (e.g., Security+ CE, CCNA Security).
- Active DoD 8570 Computing Environment certification, or commitment to obtaining such certification within first three months after hire date.
- Physically able to go up and down several sets of steps, carry approximately 20 pounds of IT equipment, perform basic IT equipment installation and operation.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field required and at least 5 years work experience. (Additional relevant work experience may be substituted for degree).
- Professional systems configuration and maintenance experience in a Unix/Linux, Windows data center environment.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 mission critical IT infrastructure.
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). VIC is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Virtual Inertia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,842.00 - $159,171.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- performing VMWARE systems administration: 5 years (Required)
- ESXI hosts managed servers and snapshots: 5 years (Required)
- skills in networking protocols: 5 years (Required)
- DoD 8570 IA baseline security for IAT Level II (Required)
- 8570 Computing Environment certification (Required)
- Top Secret (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations