Virtual Inertia is seeking a Network Engineer to support a DoD customer at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) in Aberdeen, MD. As a company, we provide information security, enterprise architecture, software development and health IT solutions to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices.
You'll make an impact: The Network Operations Center (NOC) Network Specialist provides technical support and coordinates activities to ensure the overall health and maintenance of the network environments in support of 24/7 operations.
- Verifying swift and accurate response to all alerts, ensuring the repair or escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Working closely with the NOC Manager, the Network Engineer is responsible for the continued quality of service for the end users and fault management monitoring.
- Maintains the highest level of service for all customers assuring the appropriate and timely notification of network and maintenance status is actively posted to NOC customers.
- Perform day-to-day network operations and administration activities on the Defense Research & Engineering Network (DREN) and the Secure Defense Research & Engineering Network (SDREN) Networks.
- Perform installation, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and optimization on the Defense Research & Engineering Network (DREN) and the Secure Defense Research & Engineering Network (SDREN) Networks.
- Maintain physical devices, firmware updates, OS changes and security releases.
- Identify and resolve network problems in coordination with Operations, Engineering, and Security.
- Coordinate with third-party carriers, vendors, and technology providers to troubleshoot and perform operations activities.
- Managing router/switch configurations, firewalls, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and related network service.
- Manage site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity and problem/resolution.
- Install and configure all patches and changes required by Vulnerability Management System issuances (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVMs, STIGs)
- Provide logical network data flow diagrams; maintain plans, designs, and architecture documentation.
- Follow the network Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and provide reports on network management trend analysis.
- Provide reports on security vulnerability trends and analysis.
- Monitor bandwidth requirements and conduct capacity planning to ensure appropriate bandwidth management.
- Experience supporting a 24/7 mission critical IT infrastructures
- Bachelors in computer science or Information Technology (or related technical degree) and 3-5 years' of experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in networking utilizing any of the following: Juniper Routers, Juniper Firewalls, Juniper SSL-VPN, Brocade Switches, Cisco Switches (Layer2 and Layer3).
- Skills in networking protocols including, but not limited to, BGP, OSPF, IPsec, DHCP, DNS, Multicast, IPv4, and IPv6.
- Proven ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic enterprise environment.
- Must be able to produce proper network diagrams using PowerPoint Visio, or similar applications
- The candidate must possess the required 8570 IA baseline cert for IAT-II (e.g., Security +, CCNA Security).
The candidate must possess or commit to obtaining within the first three months of beginning work, a proper 8570 Computing Environment certification (e.g., JNCIA).
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret or TS/SCI or higher clearance. Must be a US Citizen
**COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Statement
The COVID-19 vaccination requirement in Executive Order 14042 and FAR 52.223-99 is currently not effective. But please note that if those or other related requirements become effective, positions will require successful candidates to obtain and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination(s). VIC is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Virtual Inertia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,842.00 - $159,171.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Juniper Routers or Juniper Firewalls: 5 years (Required)
- networking utilizing Juniper SSL-VPN or Brocade Switches: 5 years (Required)
- networking utilizing Cisco Switches (Layer2/Layer3): 5 years (Required)
- skills in networking protocols: 5 years (Required)
- DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification for IAT-II (Required)
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification (Required)
- Secret (Required)
Work Location: One location